To: <fjordhorse@angus.mystery.com>
Sent: Saturday, November 20, 2004 11:00 AM
Subject: Re: BDF Malcom Locke

Hello from Carol Rivoire at Beaver Dam Farm in Nova Scotia . . .

Margaret, my dear . . . It's BDF Malcom Locke, not just "Malcom Locke".

However, everything else you said about BDF Malcom Locke, I agree with
completely.  ---  I've recently seen your stallion, a Gjest son, and
Malcom's half brother, and I was quite impressed.  He is really lovely.  -
Extremely typey and strong.  And I could definitely see Gjest's body in
him.

Over the years, I've watched some of the Malcom Locke offspring, and I'm
wondering if he might turn out to be one of the most famous Gjest
ons.  --  Part of the reason for that is that Malcom was used fairly
extensively, and has a respectable number of offspring to judge, and from
what I've seen, they are real beauties.

Kay van Natta's BDF Malcom Locke's son, Braveheart is a case in point ----
Overall Grand Halter Champion at Woodstock this year --  A gelding more
perfect, more beautiful than any of the stallions shown.  --  Joanne and
Mel Goble were officiating at the show, and Joanne told me about seeing
Braveheart and the impression he made on her.  --  She said, "Carol, he's
the most beautiful Fjord I've ever seen!"  ---  Now, Joanne is a crusty
old gay from Maine, and she doesn't gush without reason.  --

I was also sent a Christmas card photo of W. H. Stone, son of BDF Malcom
Locke.  --  He's a Blue Ribbon Evaluated stallion, and really beautiful
and typey!  ---

I certainly agree with Margaret's statement that BDF Malcom Locke is
"definetely one of the nicest Fjord stallions standing in the US.  This is
quite an opportunity."

Best Regards,  Carol Rivoire

If we weren't standing a half brother to Malcom, I would buy him myself!
Nancy is being very modest about his attributes.  He's impressive and if
you are
looking for a stallion, he's definitely among the nicest Fjord stallions
standing in the US.  This is quite an opportunity

This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
.

I will put in a plug for Malcom.  I have one of his daughter's Lynnhaven
Elli.  She was a blue ribbon conformation winner at the 2001 VA
Evaluation.  I am
not surprised because Malcom's babies seem to have exquisite heads, good
shoulders, and excellent bone.  In my opinion, he stamps his babies very
nicely.
 Honestly, Nancy didn't slip me some cash to post this message!  I'm
simply a
fan of this particular stallion.

Margaret Bogie

http://www.beaverdamfarm.com
Beaver Dam Farm Fjords II
R.R. 7
Pomquet, Nova Scotia B2G 2L4
Tel:(902) 386-2304
Fax:(902) 386-2149
Carole Rivoire, author of THE FJORDHORSE HANDBOOK,
only book in English on the Fjord breed, available from Beaver Dam Farm,
$36.95 US includes P&H
http://www.beaverdamfarm.com/book.htm