This message is from: "Carole Cox" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

BA, BS, EMT-B
A+, Network+, CIW

This is a question regarding a Haflinger mare but it could be universal
to any older brood mare who should no longer be bred and I find all of
you so helpful and knowledgeable that I hope you won't mind helping.

I am to do some wintering/gentling/driving training for a couple of
young Haflingers that belong to a neighboring equestrian facility. I
asked what is to happen to one of the moms -an eighteen y/o hard to
catch girl but otherwise OK girl. The answer was, "Oh, we'll probably
just sell her" - My fear to a killer auction. To the best of my
knowledge, she has never had much or any training.  I have a small
little barn but could catch her in when she eats to ease some training
on to her.

My question to all of you:

Is eighteen to old to train?  Can I help this girl?

I appreciate any help/advice in advance.  I am "in preparation" for that
happy day when I can afford my own Fjord.  I also love Percherons.  Awe
heck, I love 'em all but would particularly like to introduce the Fjord
to this part of WV, Western PA.

THANKS!

Carole Cox

image001.gif]