This message is from: "Susan M Cargill" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

After taking a couple of years off from the List, I've rejoined.  Its nice to
see many of the same names that I remember from the past.

Since I'm running for the NFHR Board and have some experience with a corporate
board I do understand Steve's comments.

I'd like to make a couple of comments regarding Board participation.  I sit on
the Board of our Family's Company.  The most important thing for a Board
member to understand is that you must listen to everyone's opinion and then
make a judgement that best suits the organization or business, its
members/shareholders.  Those parties who give you their opinion must realize
that while they have the right to express their opinion, you are not forced to
agree with them.   After listening to all the opinions and conferring with
other Board Members a decision is reached that will benefit the organization
and the majority of its members.

Members of Boards develop thick skins because in the end you can't please
everyone even though you might like to.

Susan Cargill Longtheway Farm