This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The fjord I'm riding has already put on a heavy coat for winter and is sweating quite a bit when ridden. While it is still warm, I hose him off and let him dry which takes a very long time. I can't quite imagine what his full winter coat will be like. I am concerned about winter time when I ride in an indoor arena and how long sweat will take to dry. As I don't have my horse at home, I will have to stay at the barn while waiting for him to dry, etc.

I love the idea of not clipping and not blanketing, etc. but I don't know if that will work well. What do those of you that ride indoors over the winter do about clipping and blanketing - no clipping, trace clipping (and where), other clipping - with or without blankets. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Genie in Ann Arbor, MI