This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 8/31/2004 11:51:05 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
I was surprised to hear that any Fjord could be ridden in a medium tree
saddle

Hi Amy:

I think the thing here is that there are SO many different saddle makers out
there, and so many different types of saddles and trees, that what might be
considered a "medium" width tree for one manufacturer, might be a wide, or
extra
wide for another. Individual perception is another part of the equation -
what I may refer to as a medium tree, might be what you'd call a wide tree.

When I bought my Keiffer saddle, I ordered what was then their "medium" tree.
It was the size recommended for Warmbloods or QHs. It fits my Fjords
wonderfully, just as it did my QH & Paints. My western saddle was custom made
by my
dad on a tree with what is called "Modified QH bars" for my Paint stallion.
This
tree is not quite as wide as the old "Full QH Bars" saddles, but is wider
than a standard off-the-rack factory saddle. This also fits our Fjords
wonderfully. But, we do try to keep our Fjords from getting too over weight as
well. If
they were 200 lbs overweight, the saddles might not fit so well. ???

Amy

Amy Evers
Dun Lookin' Fjords
Redmond, OR