This message is from: Mariposa Farm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Brigid,

Thanks for your input. I think what I'm looking for in a logo is something that is more recognizable at a glance that shows a "classic" Fjord. I agree our logo is nice when the image is large enough to see it's detail but with it's many uses the size is often so small the picture gets lost and there is no "brand recognition" (Do you have one of the NFHR pins?). A logo is something that catches the eye and conveys a message almost subliminally, not artwork. I too don't want an "Arab" headed, pretty, cartoon Fjord as the image and I don't believe we are being subject to the whims of fashion. If you get a chance to see how we all dress on the BOD you'll be comforted in that fact!

Mark

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 8/19/2004 6:11:23 AM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: I believed that our present logo was graphically too busy and didn't reflect the true versatility of our breed. ** I personally love the logo, and think it should stay. If you've been to an expo lately, you'll see that every breed is now touted as "versatile" and shown doing everything from jumping to reining. If we want our breed to stand out, we need to show what it is best known for, and that is work ethic. At its heart the Fjord is a brukshest, a useful horse, not a pretty creature subject to the whims of fashion.

/ )_~
/L/L
Brigid Wasson
SF Bay Area, CA