This message is from: Mariposa Farm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hello Everyone,

I was one of the people who brought up the idea of changing the NFHR logo. I believed that our present logo was graphically too busy and didn't reflect the true versatility of our breed. We didn't come up with this idea because of the merger and we certainly haven't been operating in secrecy. While I agree that the NFHR is a "democracy", it operates just like our government, you elect officials to make the day to day decisions. Not have a poll for every one of them. I would hope that you would trust us to do the right thing both with the logo and with all the other issues that come up daily.

My idea concerning the logo was to only change the Fjords to one Fjord and leave the rest as is. It's been mentioned to have our 25 years included as well (1981 -2006). This would still be immediately recognizable as the NFHR logo but at the same time not indicate that the Fjord is only a draft horse. Nothing has been decided yet and I'm sure the BOD members that are on this list have read your concerns.

Yours,

Mark McGinley
Mariposa Farm

Ruth Bushnell wrote:

This message is from: "Ruth Bushnell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hey, doesn't anyone read their Fjord Herald, the new logo has now been
mentioned in both the Spring and Summer issue.
Sue

I JUST LOOKED at the spring issue, because I am one who missed it, and I
think because the item was linked with the  mention of websites I never made
the connection that it was  T  H  E  logo! (the sacred logo!)

Definitely think this should be well mulled over before anything is done
about it... does the Queen update her logo!? do countries change their
flags!? come on!!!! I'm sure when the minor registry merged with the NFHR
they would have expected to assume their identity!

changing a well established logo to somehow accommodate a recent minor
acquisition, if indeed this is the case,  is unheard of!

I think Karen's idea about polling is a good one... or we could start a
membership petition for the preservation of T H E present logo... Libby
might be a place to begin.

I am more than a little concerned about special NFHR committees which
apparently are instructed to operate secretively under the leadership of
their BOD designated persons... (secrecy in a corporation is taboo, both
legally and morally)  ...in addition there is yet another entity promised in
the same Herald, "TEAM FJORD," which will "help with the work and financial
resources." I can't believe that BOD selective diversification of leadership
of our membership is going to avail us any good thing other than schism!
Let's keep our cards on the table for everyone to see!

folks, wake up!! keep your eyes on the business of YOUR membership. Please
note: a corporation is first and foremost a democracy and change is supposed
to come from the bottom up, not the top down, but it's up to YOU as
individuals to keep it that way.

Ruthie, nw mt (count me against logo change Karen