This message is from: "Monica Spencer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> This message is from: "DJ Navelski" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Towards the end of May one of my mares, all of a sudden, started being
very
> picky about her hay.  ...  I had gotten new hay at the
> beginning of May and she had been    eatingitjustfine.

I would try getting some different hay - maybe she doesn't find the new
stuff very palatable.  I've had this happen before (even with a Fjord).  The
hay in question wasn't musty or anything, it just didn't taste very good.
They ate it just fine for a while and then seemed to lose interest in it
after a few weeks.  To get them to eat it instead of just picking at it, I
had to mix it with tastier hay (by holding a flake of each and shaking them
together).

Monica in Nelson, BC