This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 7/4/2004 10:34:54 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
She stated that it was an old Cowboy technique, and it kept the horses from
jumping because cutting off the eyelashes eliminated their depth perception.

OK, has anybody heard about this????

Good grief! where do people come up with these things?  That's kind of like
the local paint horse "guru" lady telling my first-time-horse-owner neighbor
that as soon as her mare foaled she should lock the mare & foal in as small a
stall as possible and not feed the mare for 3 or 4 days. Supposedly this was to
help the mare & foal bond, and make the mare's milk come in. She asked my
opinion because it just didn't sound right to her. Her instincts were right of
course... Sounded like a good way of losing a foal to me.

Amy

Amy Evers
Dun Lookin' Fjords
Redmond, OR