This message is from: "Les D" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

** Engineers please chime in here, but I think this is a big factor. The
trailer is designed to take weight distributed a certain way. Change that,
and you
change the mechanics of the whole rig. I see tipped-back trailers on the
freeway sometimes and it looks unsafe. Fortunately with the bumper-pull, the
height of the hitch can be adjusted. My truck is high off the ground, so I
have a
hitch which drops down about 6 inches to compensate. I wonder how this can
be
done on a gooseneck?
Bridig
I pull a Gooseneck trailer with a 4X4 and my trailer has holes that adjust
the level of the trailer. So if I pulled it with a standard pickup I would
level another hole. The only trouble I have is the clearance between the
pickup box and trailer when I have to start up a steep hill. ( it rubs ) It
is important to adjust the levelness of your trailer so your horses feel
comfortable.
Les & Margaret H.
Callahan,Ca