This message is from: "Debi Williams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi all,
        I have been practicing the Parelli methods for a couple months.  I
think it works very well, but have not really had much first hand knopwledge
of how well others were doing with it.  (And I certainly do not think that
this is the only way to get things done)  But after auditing and
participating in clinics, I have seen some transformations happen.  I
watched a dancing 3year old paint go from using his owner as his personal
chew toy to a respectful and still standing courteous horse.  My own apppie
of 24 years made such transformation over this past weekend.  She was a nice
sweet horse to begin with, one any beginner could use.  But.. she was always
in my space.  I had trouble doing the famous 7 games because of her
intrusions.  Once she learned to back up by rhythm in the rope, we were on
another planet!!   This happened with several horses at the clinics.  Mostly
it was the backing that changed them, from my prospective.  Each time they
went 1 step forward we backed 2 steps.  Jerking on the lead rope would get
caught by the instructor immediately.  We couldn't hold within 3 feet of the
snap to start with.  I've done that since I was a kid.  By the first break
we had to hold 6 feet away.  End of first day and I could actually lead and
stand holding only the end of a 12 ft lead,  99% of the time my mare stood
still and did not fuss to come into my space any longer.  All it takes now
is a wiggle and she goes back.
    It was a wonderful time on day 2 riding(in an arena) with the halter and
getting a back without pulling!!!!! You would have to know my appie, she
never backed (let alone willingly) bit or halter without the tug of war! We
had fun, we trotted we cantered fancy circles and turn backs with a small
suggestion.  I got a new horse and she got a new rider.
   Can't wait to try this on the fjords.  Some have started already and have
progressed well.
    Find some one doing Parelli, Dennis Reis or Clinton Anderson or the
other "natural methods" and see if it helps.
Debi Williams
Williams Hill Fjords