This message is from: Rhonda Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

In addition to the cell phone & ID, I carry a ditty bag that is fastened
securely under the seat - has 2 spare nuts & bolts. wrench, flashlight, lead
rope, poncho (plastic) and small bottle of water.  My trainer uses an emergency
brake on all her horses in harness when they are out in unfamiliar areas that
aren't trails - a leather or nylon breeding hobble (just one) around the right
front ankle, with a long, soft rope that is looped over the dash of the buggy.
If the horse starts to bolt, and doesn't respond to the lines, just haul back
on the emergency brake and the horse has to stop - or stumble.  She said,
however, the REAL key to this is all "run-aways" should be stopped by the time
they take their 2nd stride.  By the 4th stride, they are in full fly.  This
means - NO DAY DREAMING WHILE DRIVING IN UNFAMILIAR TERRITORY.