This message is from: Rhonda Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Picture this....R.Taylor, Straw Hat Stables
Don't forget your PPKS or 38 caliber featherweight.
Fits nicely in an ankle holster..... I picture a guy riding a Fjord blowing the
smoke off a pistol....

OK - 2 years ago, I took my big mare Winnie, on a Trail Ride and "Cattle
round-up" at Garcia Ranch in New Mexico. Bunches of cowboys and cowboy
wanna-bees on fast Appies and quarter horses - charging up and down the plains,
through streams, up the arroyos, behind the pine trees - quite the nuisances
when I wanted a quiet trail ride to look at birds and wild-life of the Cibola
Forrest. Winnie and I got bored, and headed up the back way to the "cook
wagon", where we came across a group of  6 steers. She decided to bring them
along for company.  When we got to the holding pens - us and the steers - my
chubby retired non-cowgirl self and my chubby Fjord mare were the ONLY team who
delivered cattle to the pens for the "round-up"!  Some very dusty and
embarrassed cowboys at the dinner table! She won't give Dusty the reining Fjord
any competition, but she drives cattle!

Closing May 5th on 6 acres of hayfield "farm" in Marengo, Ohio. Neighbors on
both sides have Haflingers.  Neighbor to the north just lost his best breeding
mare - she caught her foot in her halter somehow - and strangled herself in the
panic of falling and not being able to get herself loose. So sad, and probably
entirely avoidable.