This message is from: Gina Larson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hello All!

Thanks again for your words of comfort during this
difficult time.  My heart goes out to all of you who
have had similar experiences.  I've read your
experiences here but was never able to empathise until
now.

Today I had someone on another e-list say to get off
Foal-lac and feed another brand (buckeye, land-o-lakes
or blue seal?) because many people's foals have
developed ulcers on Foal-lac.  Has anyone else heard
of this?  Does anyone else have experience with using
Foal-lac?  The problem is, the local feed mill only
carries foal-lac.  We tried "Sprout" brand from Fleet
Farm and he wouldn't touch it.  I called several other
area feed mills today and none of them even had foal
milk replacer in stock!  I've checked several catalogs
(Valley vet, SLT, etc) but the shipping charges are
absolutely outrageous.

I was a little alarmed to see BHT listed as an
ingredient in Foal-lac.  I have read countless times
that this chemical preservative, commonly found in pet
foods, is toxic and potentially dangerous.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,
Gina Larson
Marinette, WI