This message is from: "jgayle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Oh Roberta, we can not know it all.  We brag about our fjords endurance and
I watch the thermometer. Yet at 46 degrees last night with rain and wind my
fjordy was shivering and I brought him in to a blanket and his feed. Let him
warm up and sent him back out as he can also go into the big arena in his
field. This morning he was bucking and running and calling. So I thought he
was his old self but he was shivering again. So into the barn and the old
man, my Trakehener was out to the field as the wind had quit.

Just watched the Trak getting angry at the hail for hitting him but would
not go into the big arena.  So I have to watch him and all at forty degree
weather. I am just going out now to measure for rain/wind sheets for both
old guys.

I am so sorry for your loss, and can think of all the things to say but
nothing cures the pain except time.  Jean

Author
"The Colonel's Daughter"
Occupied Germany 46-49
Send $20 to: