This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I enjoyed the post re dominant mare - jittery horses,

In my "herd" of 5 horses my mare is the alpha.  I, too, seperate into two
groups.  Sven and Lena (alpha) do well together....she being the dominent one,
but, in a kind way.  When she is in with all the horses she not only fusses
about her space but that of the other fjords.

I can also put Hasse (son of Lena) in with her and Sven and all is well.  Add
the QH or the App.....things get crazy.

For a time I had Sven, Hasse and Miss Dottie Lottie (leapord app) at a farm
nearby.  They often commented that there seemed to be no dominent horse and
that they all got along beautifully.

So, to keep everyone calm I seperate. Safer for handlers as well.

Isn't it funny though.....take one of the herd away from the group and the ones
that can't seem to get along fuss the most:)

Have a great day.....it is so da** cold here today I am crazy!
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay below zero :(

Linda in MN