This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 12/10/03 3:44:09 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Sun I got brakes working better so they walked down the hill & didn't have
to hold back. Sorry. no dope on the rope here. It's called poetic license >>

      No, Joel, its called selective name calling. Whats with you lately ?  I
usually enjoyed your firmly-tounge-in-cheek humor, but being a " mentor "
takes earning respect by ones expertise in whatever area you are calling others
dope at, right ? I will be the first to admit gleaning whatever information I
can from those people I see out there " doing it " at home or showing ect.
Heck, even my favorite drivers take lessons from others who still can offer
some
tips.....all horses / ponies are different, and we ALL can use a hand once in
awhile, right, Joel ? I have had my share of great drives at home with my
Fjords. We have traveled 1000's of miles to show with other Fjords at Turlock,
Libby and Blue Earth, as well as attending evaluations. Ive done expos with our
Fjords, paraded many times, and competed alongside many other breeds, showing
off what we train so hard to do. BUT.....Ive had my share of troubles
too....couldnt have done all that we have without a hitch !  My best mare
totally threw
a hissy fit in front of a large crowd at an expo, and refused to be hitched in
front of the group. Never done it before or after. But, BOY HOWDY, did she
make us look stupid !  Had equipment break out on the trail, sending one to her
knees, and deciding to STAND and WHOA instead of running off. Led her home
minus the cart, that day. Had a fun year putting the 4-in-hand together to go
play at Libby ( THANKS TO DAVE MCWETHY for sharing those first few drives with
the 2 pairs ! ) but had my leaders bolt off right here at home this summer, for
no real reason, and busted some nice leader bars, with a group of men who had
come to see how one hitch's a 4. UGGGG.

 My point is.....that during those times, Im sure that I was the first class
" dope on a rope. " But, with all of the GOOD years of uneventful rides,
drives, shows, parades, expos and helping many newbies here in UT. through
their
first few hitch's, I am still eating humble pie. Seen blue many times in the
show ring, but still attend as many seminars and take lessons as much possible.
(
Tandem driver wanna-be )  Seems to me that a few years back, at the Libby
show, one very experienced " dope " lost hold of THEIR team, and if it wasnt
for
a couple of narrowly parked cars that they wedged between, those Fjordies
might STILL be running.....hmmm?  No one likes those experiences, but we all
have
them, and can learn from them, right Joel ? No one called you a dope that day,
so please give us who are still out there doing our own type of Fjord
activity, some credit for enjoying different disaplines. We all cant be
loggers.....for one thing I live in the high-desert !

                   Lisa    BTW, Joel.....havnt found my windmill yet ?    ;
)