This message is from: "Monica Spencer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Amy said:

> The big issue is the difference between "Native Wildlife" and "Feral
> Species". Feral horses are the same genetically as domesticated horses.
Wild Buffalo
> are certainly NOT the same as cattle. The Buffalo evolved here, the horses
were
> brought here by "us" and let loose.

Yup, mostly true, but although our mustangs and other wild horses are feral
animals, horses did in fact evolve here (they later became extinct in the
Americas although fortunately they'd spread across the land bridge into Asia
by then).  When horses were brought here by the Europeans, they settled
right back into their old ecological niche.

Monica in Nelson, BC