From: vivian creigh
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 10:33 AM
To: fjordhorse@angus.mystery.com
Subject: Good news and "the reality"

This message is from: vivian creigh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Several days ago I received a rather exciting letter from the USET
informing me that Olympia aka Mira and I have been long listed for the
2004 season in Combined Driving. What this means is that we will be
able to participate in all Official USET Training sessions and will be
under consideration at all 2004 selection trials for the next World
Pony Championships.
As exciting as this is here is the reality of this honor.
I am a 52 year old woman who realistically has maybe 10  competitive
years left to participate at the upper levels of my sport. At the
International level of Combined driving there are no competitors who do
not receive some kind of outside funding, even in the singles division.
Fred Merriam our bronze medalist is fully funded, Lisa Singer, Larry
Poulin, James Fairclough, even Chester Weber who himself has a fairly
large personal sum of money is sponsored by Cosequin.  The bottom line
is that to do this correctly without bankrupting my family I need a
sponsor. In order to keep myself in the eye of the NGB and USET provong
my commitment and improve skills as well as improve my chances for
selection on the next team I need to be able to spend time away from
home, train down south in the winter and pay the bills incurred by
pursuing this venture.
There is no guarantee I will be selected for the Worlds even if I do
everything right. Only if Mira and I prove ourselves competitively do I
have a chance and the only way to do that is to become entirely focused
on our goal. This is not an inexpensive sport. I know as I have funded
myself for 15 years. Carriages, harness, training and  travel all mount
up. It would be a real boost for the Fjord as a competitive combined
driving pony to be able to represent the USA at a World Championship.
If anyone is interested in helping out please contact me privately by
e-mail, snail mail to: 740 Dutton Dist. Rd., Springfield. VT 05156, or
phone 802 885 5762.
Thanks for reading this far. Sincerely, Vivian Creigh