From: Shelley LeSurf [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 3:07 PM
To: fjordhorse@angus.mystery.com
Subject: Hello

This message is from: "Shelley LeSurf" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi I wanted to introduce myself to the group. My name is Shelley and I have
recently purchased 8 acres of land and will soon be moving. My mini ranch
(tee hee) is 7 minutes outside of Sylvan Lake, Alberta. I have 2 children 17
and 19, a boy and girl. We are wanting to purchase horses for our acerage
and the breed of horse we are leaning towards is a fjord. We are rookie
horse people, my kids go to a horse ranch every summer (for the last 12
years) so they have some experience and I had cousins who were very active
in gymkhana's, I got to groom the horses. So we have alot to learn. We will
be trying to purchase older more experienced horses so they can teach us. I
love everything I have learned about these wonderful fjords and I really
think this is a horse that will fit my family. My daughter had a bad spill
last summer at camp, so she is horse shy right now, but I think the right
horse will help her over her fears. Can anyone tell me if a fjord will be
comfortable carrying a 260lb teenage boy (my son). Kyle is a solid football
player, he is only 5' 6" but I am worried about the wieght. Is this okay for
the horse? Are they able to carry that weight easily? Also I have emailed
and wrote to two breeders here in Alberta and neither has replied to me. Is
there anyone on this list who is in my area who might have some horses
available that meet our requirements, and that don't mind answering our
questions. I look forward to hearing from all you experienced fjord people.

Thanks

Shelley Le Surf
[EMAIL PROTECTED]