This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi,

First of all, I want to say thanx to Catherine for putting the Evaluation on
for all of us.  I have put on two of them myself, so having 'been there, done
that', I KNOW how much work it is!

I swear, Murphy must have moved into one of the bedrooms at Catherine's house
for the duration!  I would have been a basket case, but Catherine just went
with the flow!  First of all, her power went off while she was making copies of
schedules, etc.  Then the wells went dry - literally!  It has been very dry
here for quite a while.  Guess the spring that feeds the houses and barns just
couldn't keep up with the demand.  Her well down below got emptied what with
all of the baths in the 100 degree temperatures!  They did refill after a bit
and we were reminded to please be conservative.

The 'FIELD OF DREAMS TEAM' included Sue Grantham and her gelding, TRR Thomas,
Majson, 9 year old stallion owned by Dan & Carol Tripp of Victor, MT, and
Johan, my 4 year old gray stallion, who, incidentally, was sired by Majson.

The road to this evaluation had been a very long one for Majson.  Carol had
sent him to a trainer in preparation for the last evaluation in Libby 2 years
ago.  Unfortunately, this trainer did not do Majson justice and he was not in
very good condition for the evaluation.  He did not score very well and Carol
was quite disappointed, to say the least.

After that evaluation, I wrote to Carol and asked if I could present him for
her at the next one.  I had sold 2 Dusty daughters to Dan & Carol a few years
earlier.  I had put them through the evaluation that I did here in Eugene.
They both earned their Silver Medallions for Intro. Western and, in fact, one
of
them (Johan's dam) got a BLUE in Conf.

Carol agreed to let me do that and sent Majson here last year for several
month's training in preparation for the Nev. Evaluation.  Needless to say,
Tripps
were NOT HAPPY CAMPERS when that got canceled at the last minute!  As a
matter of fact, neither was I!

Given that 'history', I didn't think Tripps would even go watch an
Evaluation, much less participate in one and I sure didn't want to even
approach the
subject with them!  However, when Catherine decided to put on the Eval. at her
place, Carol decided to give it one more chance.  I was glad because I had
faith
in Majson and knew that he had what it takes.  BOY, did I put pressure on
myself to make this happen for them!

When the dust settled, Majson received a 79 in Conf. (OOOEEE  only 1 point
away from BLUE - one tiny point!)  He performed a very nice Intro. W. test and
received a blue score and his Silver Medallion.  He scored a red for his Adv.
W. test and also received his Gold Medallion!  OOOOEEE!  Now we had a HAPPY
CAMP!!

Sue Grantham is one of my students and her Thomas lives in my barn.  Thomas
is Sue's first horse and they are a great team.  Thomas scored a 78 for
Conformation and they went on to earn their Silver Medallion for Intro. W.  The
DREAMS TEAM was really grinning by then!!

Last year Catherine sent one of her mares, Lakka, here for training and to be
bred to my gray stallion, Johan.  She didn't think that Lakka had any gray in
her background so we were really surprised when Lakka had a gray colt.
Catherine called when he was born and was pretty excited!  She sent Lakka back
be rebred and she is in foal again to Johan.  The baby's name is Qvadmann.
Catherine and I sure did think he was a top notch colt, but then, we grandma's
are always prejudiced!

It helped to make Catherine's day when Lakka received her BLUE for
Conformation.  BUT, it REALLY made our day when Qvadmann also received a BLUE!
We
grammas were crying and jumping for joy!!

Now comes Johan, the daddy horse.  Drum roll when all of the stallions are
brought in for their awards - butterflies in my belly.  I looked at the card
that held the ribbons - two blue and the rest red.  Funny how BLUE suddenly
becomes your very most favorite color!!  By now, I COVET that BLUE RIBBON!  It
seems like an eternity as they begin calling each stallion.  I hate it when
they
leave me until the end!!  By now, there are two stallions left and one BLUE
ribbon left on the card??  UH OH?  What's that about?  Did they dislike Johan
so
much that he doesn't even get a ribbon?  One's mind plays funny games
sometimes.  Johan's number is called.  I bring him forward and set him up, ever
hopeful and scared at the same time.  Wayne begins his dialog and the comments
are
quite good.  THEN, he finally announces his score - YESSSS - BLUE!!  The
remaining stallion owned by Peggy Enge also got a BLUE, but they were out of
ribbons.  I couldn't wait to get out of that arena so I could jump up and down
and be
silly!!  WOW!!

After we got outside, the entire FIELD OF DREAMS TEAM and Catherine hugged
and cried like a bunch of kids!!

I believe this is the first time ever that 3 generations have been shown
together at the same evaluation.  Father, Son and Holy Ghost, I guess!  Final
tally was high red(79) for Father (Majson), Blue for Son (Johan), and Blue for
Holy Ghost (Qvadmann).  All of us love our horses and think they are the best,
but as a breeder, when we get validation of our breeding program like this, it
indeed confirms that we are on the right track!  It felt sooo good!

When it was over, we were all absolutely bone weary, but basked in the
afterglow with a sense of satisfaction.  We had achieved or surpassed each goal
we
had set for ourselves.  It was worth the effort!

Now it is time to get back to the real world and back to normal, if there is
such a thing.

Thanx again for the hard work Catherine!

Until Next Time,

Gayle Ware
Field of Dreams
Eugene, OR