This message is from: Jean Ernest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Oh come one, Ruthie,  I go to the horse shows here in Fairbanks, and see
the western riders with their fancy clothes, "proper chaps" shirts in the
current "In" style and colors, horses with ears shaved, faces oiled, hooves
painted, mane pulled and cut and you want to tell me WESTERN riders don't
follow a dress style?  I look in Western Horseman Magazine and see the
"Latest" fashions for western riders. I see "how to" article on how to
prepare your horse for the western riding clases.  Isn't that sort of
"hoity toity" also?

So how do you want to dress when you show?  Where is the happy medium?

Jean in Fairbanks, ALaska, finally some sun and 60 degree.  Fall is here.

>If we in the west conform to a dictatorship of "hoity-toity" ring
standards in
>order to attract eastern entrants, we are then going to lose some western
>entrants, and that's a fact!
Jean Ernest
Fairbanks, Alaska
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]