This message is from: Marsha Jo Hannah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> "Jean Gayle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> how nice to have that herd come and want to communicate.  The
> "unfriendly one" just turns his back or goes deaf.  Someone sure hurt
> this boy.

If he's been thru a lot of hands, he may just be waiting, to see if
this latest turn of events is worth putting any emotional effort into
a relationship.

My first Fjord was 17 when I got her.  Nansy had only had one owner,
but she'd been sent off for breeding several times, hauled to various
shows, used in "petting zoo" type demos, etc.  When she got to my
place, her attitude at first was that this was just another of many
"one night stands", so why bother.  She wasn't hostile, just not
particularly interested in working at being friendly.  It was
something like 6 MONTHS before she decided that she was going to be at
our place long enough to "invest" in relationships with us.  (The fact
that, at first, I kept inviting friends over to meet her probably
didn't help---more strange faces to sort out.)

Anyway, be patient with your boy.  It may take him a while to trust
that you're not going to "sell him down the river" at any moment.

Marsha Jo Hannah                Murphy must have been a horseman--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               anything that can go wrong, will!
30 mi SSE of San Francisco, Calif.
-------