This message is from: Steve McIlree <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Carol--

Tuesday, May 11, 1999, you wrote:

> For a long time now I've thought that the formation of a BREEDER'S
> ASSOCIATION would be beneficial to breeders and to the breed. Such
> an organization would be able to address the needs specific to
> breeders ... Such an organization could, for example, do
> co-operative advertising. It could also speak with a united voice to
> the NFHR on issues of importance to breeders. It could organize
> Evaluations . . . sponsor them even.

  Just curious, what good would yet *another* organization do for the
  breed? What interests could be exclusive to breeders? Does your
  suggestion that the association speak with a united voice to the
  NFHR imply an adversarial position? If so why do you feel that is
  necessary? Are you suggesting that there be two sets of evaluations,
  or that the Registry get out of the evaluation process? Can you
  offer an example of any other horse breed that has a separate
  registry and breeders' association? Is there any reason that
  breeders could not do co-operative advertising without an
  association? Do you really believe that any horse organization which
  holds itself aloof from its end-users can be successful?

--
Steve McIlree & Cynthia Madden -- Pferd, Keyah, Skipper, Tank -- Omaha,
Nebraska, USA