This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Arthur  Rivoire)

Hello from Carol Rivoire at Beaver Dam Farm Fjords in Nova Scotia -

For a long time now I've thought that the formation of a BREEDER'S
ASSOCIATION would be beneficial to breeders and to the breed.  Such an
organization would be able to address the needs specific to breeders (new
breeders, established breeders, maybe even non-professional breeders.)  All
that could be decided by the interested participants.  Such an organization
could, for example, do co-operative advertising.  It could also speak with
a united voice to the NFHR on issues of importance to breeders.  It could
organize Evaluations . . . sponsor them even.

I do not have the time, particularly in this season, to organize such a
group.  I think the first thing to do is determine if there's an interest,
which is why I'm putting out feelers now.

I've had the formation of a Breeder's Association in the back of my mind
for several years, and from time to time have questioned other breeders
about it.  All have had a positive reaction and have seen the need, but
nothing has been done so far.

Just today I spoke with a very experienced horsewoman who is getting into
Fjord breeding with some very high quality stock, and she also saw the need
and logic of forming such a group, and her reaction has prompted me to
broach the subject via the List.

So, any breeders out there who read this, I'd appreciate very much if you'd
 give me your opinions, pro or con.

A Fjord Breeder's Association does not as yet exist.  Therefore, there are
no rules and no mandate as yet.  All that will be determined by the
members.  It can be as broad, or exclusionary, as members decide.
"Exclusionary?"  For example, what constitues a bona fide breeder?  To be
decided!

Best Regards,  Carol Rivoire
Carol and Arthur Rivoire
Beaver Dam Farm Fjords II