This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hello everyone!

My ferret's name is Alfvin, meaning "friends of the elves".  If you knew my
ferret, you would understand his name!  :)  Anyway, thought I would try to
help with the A name.  Listed below are mythological names beginning with A.
These are actually in Old Icelandic, which is considered to be the same as,
or very close to Old Norse.  These are NOT from modern Norwegian texts.

Alfrodul=sun goddess
Adils=king
Aegir=sea god
Alf=dwarf
Alfarin=giant
Ali=god name (son of Odhinn)
Alsvart=giant
Althiolf=dwarf
Alvig=giant
Am=giant
Ama=gaintess
Amgerd=giantess (note, Gerd is another name of a giantess....symbolizes great
                                                beauty)
Andvari=dwarf
Angrboda=giantess
Apli=ox
Arf=ox
Arfuni=ox
Asabrag=name of the god, Thorr
AsaThor= same as above
Ask=first human man
Aslaug=mortal daughter of legendary hero, Sigurd.
Atal=sea king
Ati=sea king
Atla=gaintess
Atli=another name for Thorr
Atrid=another name for the god, Odhinn
Atridi=same as above, also associated with god, Freyr
Aud=son of goddess of the night
Audhumla=first auroch....creation myth
Audi=son of king
Audmund=sea king