This message is from: Jean Ernest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

You might try shortening the RIGHT stirrup (or lengthening the LEFT)
Sounds backward, doesn't it?  Well, you may be collapsing your left side
(your weaker side) pulling the left leg up a bit..If the left stirrup is a
bit longer you will stretch your left leg down and reach for it. If you're
collapsed on one side, the strong side stretches that leg down and pulls
the saddle over to that side.  You can remind yourselve to stretch equally
by putting your left arm in the air as you ride a few steps.

This is a problem I had (still have)...Collapsing my left side. and I think
a lot of people do without realizing..And it is most often the left side
that is weaker, which may be why your
friend and your husband both had the same problem.

Anyway, try it and see what happens.

Jean in Fairbanks, alaska, record warmth again today, 68 degrees yesterday.
 Snow is almost gone and corrals may dry up someday soon...

>  The problem that I'm having is the saddle is slipping to the
>right.  The horse seems to be symetrical and the saddle seems to have
>matching sides.  I mount using a block as I can't tighten the girth
>enough (Osa being round) without causing her discomfort.  So is it the
>saddle, the rider, or the horse???  Anyone with ideas?

Jean Ernest
Fairbanks, Alaska
[EMAIL PROTECTED]