This message is from: "Dave McWethy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I guess mistakes keep life interesting when things get too predictable.  You
might have wondered what my post about Iowa and Yugoslavia had to do with
Fjord horses.  Actually it has to do with "Family" being next to "Fjord
List" on my address list.  I would say in general it's wise to keep politics
off the list.  From the responses, though, it seems we mostly feel a lot of
sadness and sympathy for the people in Yugoslavia.  I wish we could figure a
better way of helping than to bomb.

About geldings in handicapped programs.  We inherited a gelding Gus from a
program.  He had gone there as part of what Phil Prichard set up for
donating Fjords to handicapped programs, and was found unsuitable.  My
daughter Sky used him a couple of years as a Pony Club horse, and he was
widely appreciated.

Finally we sold him (he funded an AFS foreign exchange for her in
Argentina), and he went to New Jersey.  Until a couple of years ago I think
he was the only Fjord in the state, because when someone from there would
say, "Oh yeah, I know a Fjord in NJ", it would always turn out to be Gus.  I
suspect with more experience, he would have done fine for handicapped folks.
He just wasn't ready as a four year old.