This message is from: "Frederick J. (Fred) Pack" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Brian, and all,

The worm shows as an icon, or attachment.  It will ONLY activate and cause
damage IF CLICKED ON.  If you see any forum message with an attachment
(usually showing a paperclip or some such), just opening the test part of
the message will do no harm.  The worm's ICON is LABELED.  If it shows
Happy99.exe....just delete the message without clicking on the icon.

To protect yourself, there are several options.  Go to
http://www.avp.com/happy/happy.html and check out the information there.  My
fix (windows95) was to change one file to a read only status.  Even if I
clicked on the Happy99.exe icon....it CAN NOT infect my system or be passed
on.

Rather than type all the information here, all should check the above site
for troubleshooting prevention and cure.

All the Best

Fred Pack
Pack's Peak Stables

This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Steve,

There seems to be confusion about whether or not just reading a message
can get you in trouble.  I wonder if the reduced volume of messages these
last few days is due to worry about the worm.  Am I correct in thinking a
computer cannot be affected by a person simply reading the e-mail
message?  Don't you actually have to click on an icon within the message
itself to get in trouble?

Brian Jacobsen