This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

        Hello Lynn!  Welcome to the list.  I have only just joined the list
myself
and I'm really enjoying hearing about what other Fjord owners are doing with
their horses, not to meantion all the information that is shared.
        I am not handicapped, but I worked in a therapeutic riding program that
used
Fjord horses.  The Fjords worked out beatifully not only because of their calm
nature, but also the "puppy-dog" personality, as many of us Fjord owners put
it.  The students enjoyed petting the Fjords and they could tell the horses
enjoyed their attention.  The shorter stature and usually wide back also were
considerations since we had to "back ride", or sit on the horse and hold a
student, and these "features" made our job easier.
        Another therapeutic riding facility called "The Ranch" in Menomonee
Falls, WI
uses Fjords.  One of the members of MWFHC loaned his Fjord to them to use for
awhile and they were so impressed with this horse that they called me and
asked for my assistance in finding them a Fjord that they could purchase for
their program.  I had taken my  horse to participate in fund raiser rides and
shows they held.
        I have read and heard of many other such organizations that use most,
if not
exclusively Fjords for their therapeutic riding schools.
        It was through working with the Fjords as a volunteer that I was
"hooked",
and I know there's no other breed out there for me.