This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 2/23/99 8:45:21 Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< I'd like to hear from anyone who is handicapped and has a Fjord. >>

Hi Lynn.  You asked for it, so here you go.  (Most of the rest of this group
already know about the people and horses in my life, so they will probably
skip this post).  While I'm not handicapped, my 11 year old son has autism.
There are so many things that he cannot do, and it is wonderful watching him
learn to ride!  It's taken many years.  Since he was 4.  We started him on
lesson ponies that a friend of mine who teaches special needs kids has.  He
was a very willing and joyful passenger.  I bought Juniper for myself, but
keeping in mind that she would sometimes have to be a mount for my son, and
she would ALWAYS have to have a great temperment with him around.  Turns out
he wanted her for himself.  He brushes her (to the best of his ability)
insists on holding her for the farrier (with a LOT of supervision) and is
actually learning how to ride rather than just be a passenger.  So, I bought
another fjord mare for myself.  Sigh.  She's the best mount for my husband to
learn to ride on.  What do I get to ride????  The palomino quarter horse!!!
Something about this picture isn't fair!!!!  Anyway, Juniper has the sweetest
temperment and I would swear she looks at Raymond with a protective eye.  This
horse will take him farther than any other horse he's been on.

It's nice to have you on board.  There are a lot of lovely fjord horses out
there, and when you are ready, I'm sure you'll find one to fit your needs.

Pamela