This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To Teressa:

I think mud is one of the worst things about dealing with horses, paddocks and
spring in Minnesota.  My quarterhorse loves to be dirty - not just a little
but soaking wet, caked-on real thick dirty.  Not only is it horrible to look
at but alot of work to get it off.  Mr. Fjord?  he likes to roll in it but
does not seem to get so "thick" with the darn stuff.

So, what do I do about it??  When I set-up my fencing I made two areas of
crushed red-rock or ag-lime.  It packs down very hard and does not get muddy.
It loosens up a bit and gets squishy but not MUDDY.  When it is wet, rainy or
thawing that is where the boys go - the mud area is off limits!!!  My next
project is to make a walking path between the two paddocks out of red-rock so
I can get to and from w/o sinking in mud - forgot about that when I made the
two areas :(   Susan Heyvaert??  You have wonderful red-rock turn-outs and
could probably elaborate even more on this.  It is an expense but well worth
it over the long haul.  I also have sand in my round-pen and will make use of
that as well during the muddy season.  Good Luck!!

Linda from Minnesota where it is grey and gloomy - but balmy!!!