<< Gosh, how nice that you have a dependable source of hay. I've been
 hard pressed to find a nice mix of timothy and alfalfa. Did manage to
 get 140 bales of some wonderful, straight alfalfa...so fragrant when you
 open the hay storage door! Of course it is used VERY sparingly...I mix
 it with the "so-so" quality hay I find occasionally...makes that more
 palatable for them. That 140 bales of alfalfa will last
 forever...shouldn't have bought so much, have only used maybe 10 bales
 since last fall...eeek!

      Hello List!!   Ingrid, you may want to indeed sell some of your nice hay
to someone....the hay brokers around here give it about a years life span,
stored properly to retain all its nutrients and not spoil on you. Alfalfa is a
wet, rich hay that does not keep well after that time.

   I want to remind everyone to join PAV Aussie and I tomorrow night Sun. 9:00
Eastern time in horse roon # 1, at PetsandVets, for Fjord Chat!

   We had a very nice group last week with Steve, Dave McWeathy, and Saskia
joining us along with all the " regulars " .....and a few new faces too.

   My pairs harness has arrived at John Morgans Carraige works, and we are
dying to go and pick it up!  But it is a 3 hour drive, and will be seeing John
in 2 weeks at Martins Carraige and antique auction here in San Bernidino. It
is a social event, as well as a great place to pick up everything from brand
new harnesses, carts, carraiges, mini sz. to draft type equipment, yrad
orniments, wagon wheels, whips, bits, antiques ect. So, if anyones withen a
day or two drive, come on down you can camp here and help me bid ......praying
for a pairs vehicle that we can use with Kaiser, and Jule'.   ( And afford!  )
we shall see!

   Took the pair for a spin yesterday, and had a blast. My bottem is getting
permanent tractor seat marks from the forecart!  On our hour and 1/2 drive
through Norco we had emus racing us along the fences with us between them and
the bridle path fence. We had a Fire Truck go by 1 block away code 3. A pot
belly pig was " grazing " along the center medium strip, and almost home, we
had school let out of the High School, and the bus's to pick up the elementry
school kids smoke by us also!  Thank goodness for Norco, and its wonderful
training field!  Where else can you race emu's? ( Nasty looking birds ) Used
an evening bar and that helped solve the problem of Kaiser pulling on the way
out, and Jule' taking over going home...they both stayed up in draft and on
the bit. 74 degrees, dosnt get much better.....!

    Take care everyone, Lisa Pedersen ( where we pay up to 12.00 per bale for
alfalfa in the winter )  <A HREF="http://www.petsandvets.com/";>PETS AND VETS
</A>  <A HREF="http://volano1.suresite.com/petsvets/vcclient/horsechat.html";>
HORSE CHAT ROOM</A>