This message is from: "Frederick J. (Fred) Pack" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Saskia,

One correction to your chart, it must have been a typo, 59oF=15oC which is
Standard Atmospheric Temperature for all nautical and aeronautical
calculations.

As a international airline pilot (now retired) we had an easy method for
calculating Celsius to Fahrenheit in our heads:

Double it

Take away 10%

Add 32

As: 10C
Doubled is 20
Take away 10% which is 2.....leaves 18
Add 32....answer 50F

Works in reverse for F to C

50F take away 32=18
add 10% which is roughly 2=20
half of 20=10

I found a little list in my dictionary:

Fahrenheit                    Celsius
----------                    --------
212° _________________________ 100° (boiling point)
104°___________________________ 40°
95°____________________________ 35°
77°____________________________ 25°
68°____________________________ 20°
59°____________________________ 14° Should be 15
50°____________________________ 10°
41°____________________________ 5°
32°____________________________ 0°
23°____________________________ - 5°
14°____________________________-10°
5°_____________________________-15°

To calculate Fahrenheit to Celsius: 5/9 (°F - 32)
The inverse: (9/5°C) + 32

I hope this helps someone... I have it next to my computer from now on!

Happy Fjording!

Saskia who in wet and muddy Belgium (about 5° C - 41 ° F) suddenly realizes
that you are all very cold!!! except for our PAV's Lisa and Jackie! :-)

Fred Pack
Captain, Northwest Airlines (ret)
Pack's Peak Stables
Wilkeson, Washington USA