This message is from: Mary Thurman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

---Joel a harman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I don't keep mules because I'm not smart enough. I would offer a
> suggestion on the trainer you choose for your  fjord. Find one that
has
> trained mules. While not keeping mules I have been around them &
fjords
> remind me more of mules than they do horses.

Joel,

I agree totally with you on this.  I also do not keep mules because
1)I am not smart enough to keep ahead of them and 2)they are a bit
noisey for my liking.  There were a lot of mules where I grew up in
western Montana.  Some 'useable' some not.  We used a "Tennessee
Walker mule" that we raised for trailrides.  He was an orphan who was
raised by my saddlebred mare.  Nice riding mule, but sometimes too
smart for his own good.  I second your advice to find a trainer who
has experience with mules.  The one we work with has mule experience,
owns a couple himself, and it didn't take him long to figure out that
our Fjords thought more like a mule than a horse.  He had success with
them, where other methods either failed, or the horse came out with
problems.

Mary
==
Mary Thurman