This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Joel a harman)

I don't consider myself a professional trainer although I have been
associated with horses in general for 25 yr & fjords for 11 yr. Most
people who want to log & farm are smart enough to use mechanized
equipment to do these things. Those of us that choose to use horses for
the above have various reasons to do this.

I train my own horses because I know what I want them to do. I have tried
several times in the past to take the "easy route" to a team of geldings
to work. I bought some "green broke" fjords & some never worked. Big
mistake! I no longer have any of these fjords. It has been an expensive &
difficult learning experience.

When a "novice" buyer is looking for a fjord to buy beware of the
inexpensive horse fjord you purchase. What saves you money up front is
going to cost you in the long run in medical bills on yourself or
training fees to correct the faults of the "deal" you got. Bottom line -
pay now or pay later.

I don't keep mules because I'm not smart enough. I would offer a
suggestion on the trainer you choose for your  fjord. Find one that has
trained mules. While not keeping mules I have been around them & fjords
remind me more of mules than they do horses.

Different subject
for those of you that don't know under your reply settings there might be
something that says " don't include text of message in reply". Check it
out.

Be prosperous in the new year.

Joel Harman

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]