This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (jean gayle)
>This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>
>
>Hi - this is Nancy from Exeter NH. I was wondering if anyone could give
>me any tips on strengthening my geldings hind end. We have been working in
>the ring doing circles, spirals and trying to get that elusive right lead
>canter - but can only do so with the help of a small jump. I have had
>
Hi Nancy, Im sure the dressage experts will help you on this. Collection
certainly requires the horse to use his back and helps him balance for the
canter departure. Jumping might develope hindquarters. But I don't know
how many fjords I know who have trouble on the canter departure. Mine was
also off balance to the right and did that flailing. Not until we put him
into many small circles, had him on the bit, did we get a fair departure.
but he then began to anticipate and the whole thing became a trial. I had a
fjord here on trial and when I took him into the arena he began to
anticipate immediately and sure enough he had trouble balancing and getting
the canter departure. Did you ever talk to Ann Appleby. She told me Wez
should be at Prix St. Geo this year and she is an expert at this. Jean Gayle
Jean Gayle --- A Subscriber at Techline