This message is from: Mike May <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

At 11:51 AM 11/28/98 -0800, you wrote:
>This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (jean gayle)
>
>I know I have heard of this stallion before but where?  Help  Jean Gayle

Well I think you are probably thinking of Grabb.  He is a stallion that
Harold Jacobsen imported from Norway back in the early days of Fjords in
this country.  He shows up in a lot of the pedigrees of our horses.  In
fact he showed up in the fifth generation of a couple of horses that I
registered the other day.  I think they were actually breeding that were
done in Norway before he was imported though because the fourth generation
horses were Norwegian registered and not NFHR registered.

His pedigree is:

GRABB  N-1651  N-A-026-S
Foaled January 1, 1961
Bred by SAMSON OYGARD

                BAMSE  N-1160
        BAGGE  N-1477
                ASBJORG  N-8376
GULLRING  N-1576
                DYRE  N-1059
         GULLDOKKA  N-9490
                DOKKA  N-3580

                BLOM  N-1163
        TORBJORN  N-1417
                TORFRID  N-7329
IVANA  N-12275
                GLOPPANG  N-894
        FLINKA  N-12276
                TYRA  N-6030

He has 46 offspring registered with the NFHR.  Of that 46, 14 of them are
listed as stallions yet.  Only 6 of the offspring are geldings.