This message is from: Mike May <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

At 06:08 PM 11/7/98 -0500, you wrote:
>This message is from: Julia Will <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>

>>So, what kind of brand is it?????
>
>In Holland they brand with a hot iron, just like in the old west.  The area
>is shaved first.  The registration number (in symbol form) is on the near
>hip (as a weanling) and a triangle with the letter of the year the horse
>was born is put on the off hip, at age 3, when the horse passes inspection.

I think they have finally stopped branding now.  I have noticed that the
last 2 years imports have not had brands but have had microchips implanted.
 I haven't had the opertunity to see if we can read the Dutch microchips or
not yet though.

Mike

Norwegian Fjord Horse Registry
Mike May, Registrar