This message is from: saskia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Meredith,

>People have commented on how Dorina's Dutch brands are neither
>white-haired like a typical freeze brand on a Quarter Horse or an
>Arabian, nor is the hair permanently burned off like the traditional
>Western brand.
>So, what kind of brand is it?????
That's exactly the brands we have here too. In winter you can hardly see
them, in summer it looks like thicker hair, or hair in the wrong
direction...
I know they do it with a hot iron, but I must say I didn't have a close
look.
I'm glad that they stopped doing it in Holland in 1997. Sybren was
actually the first foal there to be chipped. (toot toot for Sybren who
has been wonderful today - as always!!! we have been walking in the
woods, it was such a nice day here today!).
Here in Belgium they still do it  and that's why I keep Syb in the Dutch
registry.

Saskia