This message is from: Ingrid Ivic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi DeeAnna,

> I cannot realistically keep horses in two separate pastures indefinitely,
> however -- we just don't have the facilities to do this, especially with an
> Iowa winter coming on. It's either find Duncan a new home soon, or resolve
> this problem between him and Tuopen. Does anyone have any suggestions? I
> thank you in advance for any ideas you have!
>
> DeeAnna

  Umm, did you mention one of the herd was a mare? If so, that could be
the problem. Our mares are separate from the geldings...the problem of
"in-fighting" is effectively solved. There will always be the
occaisional "grumpy look" when lobbying for attention,
treats...whatever, but no catastrophies. They even share their hay
piles.
    Sorry to hear Duncan was injured, it does make you feel awful to see
this. Maybe seperate turnout times? It would be a pain, but think of the
consequences. Either they figure this out for themselves (risking
further injury/death), or keeping them separate is the only way. Some
horses never get along. Hope you can work it out. Good luck to you,
Ingrid