This message is from: Larson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Becky, I think you may have misunderstood the Farm Host idea for
SouthwesEvaluations.  No one was or is
interested in hosting an evaluation at an inadequate facility.  However, there
are breeding ranches down here
with exceptional indoor facilities which could easily host an Evaluation in
excess of 30 mounts.  We're not all
little backyard operations just because we aren't up in the Northwest vacinity.

However, I agree to the "home field advantage" theory.  Still, if an Evaluation
is held on your home turf, even
at a public facility, chances are you have the edge anyway.  But I don't really
believe an evaluator is fooled by
much.

The idea for those of us in the Stepchild Southwest {Brian, can I include you
in the Stepchild group even
though you are out East? : )  }, is that we have no group nor formal club to
act as host.  That means a
breeder/owner/trainer will have to act as host at their facility OR their local
public facility in order to pull off
an evaluation.  My question to Nancy was not so much concerned with a owner
hosted farm, but an owner
hosted evaluation.  If I or someone like me in the Southwest does all the
footwork to host an Evaluation at,
say, Westworld in Phoenix, can I still enter my or their horses in the
Evaluation?  Even though I may have
worked closely with the Judge in order to work out the kinks?

I hope this helps you feel better about this issue.  You must understand that
Oregon is a bit far for us to haul
horses, even for an evaluation.  But as members of the NFHR, we would like to
establish a few goings on
down here that fall under the auspices of the NFHR.

Josie