This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Nancy wrote: I'll get off my soapbox now and hope I haven't bored
everyone to death.

Not at all boring. I completely agree with the "well trained, mellow
gelding" method of training a young horse, as well as the approach
of exposing them to as many sights and sounds as possible.

Also, when we first learned to drive, the teacher commented that the
worst possible scenario is "a green horse, and a green handler", so I
also agree that someone getting their first horse would really
benefit from some sort of learning opportunity from an experieneced
person.

While there is a temptation to sell any horse that you have a buyer
for, I wonder if anyone thinks that the seller has any responsibility
for not creating that "worst case scenario" by selling untrained
animals to inexperienced people?