This message is from: "Werner, Kristine" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Mary - it`s the same over here with the "unusual breed" business. In
fact, the Fjord is widely known here
in Europe - but like you said, for some reason, ignored. Fjords place
and often win in a myriad of competition
types - but, no matter - people don`t like to accept it. Funny, it`s a
kind of "racism", isn`t it ? But we wouldn `t trade
our Norwegians for any other kind of horse - or pony !!
Over here, the Fjord Interest Group sponsers the bi-annual Fjord-Cup -
the first is held in May and is for
"juniors" only - the second takes place in autumn and is for both
"juniors" and "seniors" ("kids" over 18 yrs of age).
Exclusively for Fjord Horses - it`s quite an event.