This message is from: Mark and Ann Restad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hello, i am another person interested in safe logging.  We have a spruce
bark beetle infestation killing off all the spruce, and we are taking
ours down one by one as they show signs of it.  We have a light fjord
mare who is well trained to drive and a driving harness.  We also have a
drafty gelding who is not yet trained to drive.  We have a home made
sled-type log skidder and will have plenty of snow soon :(  I would
never want to compromise either of the horses by not using appropriate
eqipment, but it would be hard for us to buy another harness right now.
I would love to hear the opinion of those of you who have pulled logs as
work.  thank you.
Ann Restad, homer AK