This message is from: "Dave McWethy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Good points on logging, Joel.  I can't say when I've pulled logs at home
I've done it quite so fast.  In defense of the practice, tho, if you go
through the course and don't hit any cones, you wouldn't have hit trees
either.
I heard an interesting comment recently from a guy who had done a lot of
horse logging.  He said with the light impact of horses, that you don't get
pine reseeding.  The pine seeds need the "scarsfying" of the soil that a
skidder does to seed.
The log pull event bears the resemblance to logging that stamp collecting
does to the delivery of mail: done for the shear exuberance!