This message is from: Sessoms <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Marsha Jo wrote ...

>>>  What is not clear is whether his record keeping was non-existant,
or if the
records were "lost" (fire, excessive cleaning out when he died, etc).
<<<

All I've heard about it was that a man named Purdy raised Fjord Horses
and when he died no one knew who was who in his herd.

Where did the man live ... out West?????
Whose imports were his herd based on?????  Pre-Jacobsen?????
Did he show, drive, pack, log or just breed?????

I've met one mare with 'a Purdy mare' in her pedigree.  She was a nice
big, dark legged mare and I regret that we couldn't get her.

Meredith Sessoms
Soddy-Daisy, Tennessee, USA
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
~  Dorina  ~  NFR Aagot  .~:~.  Fjords
~  Caper  ~  Carly  ~  Crickett  .~:~. Labradors

The biggest horses are not the best travellers.   -Thomas Fuller