This message is from: Mike May <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

At 11:14 AM 9/6/98 -0400, you wrote:
>This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>Is there a registry standard for naming the Fjord foal? We notice a
three-letter
>prefix on most of the names in the pedigrees. With registered Holsteins
you use
>the prefix of the owner of dam at time of breeding. With our dogs (American
>Kennel Club) it can be the owner at time of birth. Julie knows what I'm
talking
>about--we bought Viola from her, but she was bred in Missouri. Any
suggestions
>will be appreciated.

Actually if this is MVF Viola you are talking about then she was not bred
in Missouri but was actually bred & born in Norway.  She was imported by
Phil Prichard as a 2 year old.  She really shouldn't have the MVF in front
of her name but the registrar at that time decided to put it on all of the
horses he imported.