This message is from: Cynthia_Madden/OAA/UNO/[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Steve and I have an idea for nametags. We would really like to make some
buttons, but they would cost about $1 ea. If anyone would prefer a button,
let us know. It is probably too late for Blue Earth, but we thought maybe
we could have a contest for a logo like the Carriage Driving List.  Send
any ideas to me at [EMAIL PROTECTED] and we get them up somewhere for
viewing and voting. We will work out some details. Any suggestions welcome.

Steve attended a Bill Long Driving Camp Thurs. through Sun. and sponsored
by our driving club. Bill's suggestions about Pferd's bit and rein
placement made for some incredible changes in Pferd's  acceptance of the
bit and subsequent movement. Bill made a suggestion to me about how to bit
Tank even though Tank wasn't there, but Bill has worked with lots of Fjords
and he saw a picture of him from Blue Earth (one of those very heavy on the
forehand, nose a mile out front pictures). I hope next year Bill will come
back again and I will take Tank. Everyone who attended felt really positive
about his suggestions and help and some couldn't stop rhapsodizing about
changes in their horses or ponies. I learned a lot just watching the
others. Deryn Stuart of Oklahoma was there with her Intermediate horse. She
plans to go Advanced in the near future.. She was a real pleasure to watch.
Maybe Steve will contribute some more details. Bill and his wife, Linda,
are most down-to-earth folks and very gracious. They were fun to be around.
If you ever have a chance to work with Bill Long, don't miss it!

I finally got tired of watching others and their horses and went for a
trail ride with Tank. He really likes his new KK bit. On the way home - and
moving much more forward - he was really starting to come on the bit. It
seems to me that with Fjords it is even more essential to have them moving
very forward in order for them to give - it's just too hard for those short
(dare I say "fat") necks to give when they are just poking along. I would
really like hear some comments from others who have trained or are training
their Fjords in dressage and  have you contribute your experiences and
suggestions. I am pleased to say that he is also getting much more
sensitive to leg. These are really important milestones and if the weather
would just cooperate more we could make some real training progress this
summer.

BTW, Tank is making good progress in his diet corral and he again beginning
to look almost svelte! He will be looking good for Blue Earth!

Cynthia Madden, Coordinator
Office of Sponsored Programs & Research
University of Nebraska at Omaha
EAB 202, 6001 Dodge Street, Omaha, NE 68182-0210
Phone: (402) 554-2286  FAX: (402) 554-3698
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]