This message is from: Arthur Rivoire <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

This message is from Carol Rivoire at Beaver Dam Farm in Nova Scotia

I was interested to read Susan's message from Sweden regarding the Stallion
Lines.  As far as I understand it, our stallion, Gjest, represents a
separate line, and one that is unique in that it's a straight father to son
line from the foundation stallion, BARONEN.  This was told to me by B. J.
van Bon, Chief Inspector of Fjords in Holland, and I've also seen it
illustrated in his book, "Van Vestlandhest tot Fjordenpaard."  The line
starts with the stallion, Adelstein 149, and goes to his son, Baronen 193.
I don't know why it's listed with Adelstein before Baronen, since it's
usually called the Baronen line.

After Baronen, comes HAKON 302.  Is this the same Hakon Susan refers to as
father of the 4th line in Sweden?  After Hakon is Rapp 671, then
Lervikblakken 791, Kong Ola 895, Rein Gust 1184, Enok 1610, Vosse Lars 1674,
Helgas Jarl I 09 (Dutch #) -- Helgas Jarl is the sire of Gjest.  Then Gjest
I 49 (Dutch #), then Gjest's son, Fjellwin F-74.  Then to follow this line
in North America, there's BDF Kanada King breeding in Washington, and BDF
Malcom Locke breeding in Ohio.

I've heard talk that the NFHR is working on a studbook.  I hope that will be
available to us soon.

Regards from Nova Scotia.  Carol